Recent Posts

1.30.2011

Introducing...

Hello, y'all and welcome to my new blog, Cottage 1910. Cottage 1910 is about a house turning into a home for a new family of four. I'm Tara, and I'll be the the one posting, but I'd like to introduce you to my family and our house.


First, a little about me. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom and housewife who recently relocated to central Ohio. My husband, Scott and I spent the first two and a half years of our marriage in Upstate New York, but were blessed for Scott to transfer to Ohio last August to be a little closer to our families. Why would we want to be closer to our families? Well, last August I was 6 months pregnant with twin girls. Abbey and Neave were born November 1st, and have been an adventurous blessing ever since.

On October 1st (yes, just one month before the girls' birth!) we moved into our very first house. While in New York, we assumed that we would be renters for a good long while. Even with the housing crisis, prices and property taxes were just too outrageous for our small budget. But when we moved, we decided to dream a little and look at some houses, and by golly, we found some we could afford!

The home buying process was exciting and stressful, but our realtor helped us find a fabulous cottage (built in 1910--get it?) to bring our girls home to. We were excited to find out that the former owners had invested in waterproofing the basement and installing a new furnace and the bones of the house were good. They left the fun work of renovating and decorating for us!

In my next post, I'll include a couple of videos of us walking through the house along with information about how we plan to make changes over the next few years. This first year of home ownership, I want to work at making the house "liveable" (wait until you see the kitchen before video, you'll know what I mean!) until we can save up enough cash to do the big renovations. Then we will slowly, but surely set about making this old cottage into a beautiful and comfortable home for our entire family!


3 comments:

*reyanna* said...

Found you on Camila's blog (Effortless Style). Saw you were interested in Pinterest. If you send me your email address, I'll send you an invite, so you don't have to wait. ;-)

sunshineandwonder@gmail.com

Nicole Kersh said...

I love this idea of your blog! What a great project. I will be checking in to see your progress! :) Best of luck.....and if I think of any ideas or have any comments, I will be sure to post.

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh my gosh your cottage is adorable!!!! it's like a fairytale!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'm excited to hear your suggestions, thoughts, and questions.